30 April 2008

28.04.08

This is the third time I attempted to have something from Starbucks. People have told me to "Try the Frappuccinos! They're delicious!" or so they said.. I don't know about that- I could barely taste any coffee and what I did taste, tasted burnt. Way too sweet and it was covered in some kind of whipped...something. I think this may be it for me and Starbucks.
Starbucks attempt #3

Leftover noodles with gai lan, pork and cilantro
Leftover noodles, pork and gai lan

Mushroom broth I dipped the noodles and such in
Broth

Very sweet seedless watermelon for dessert
Sweet watermelon

Orange slices, shared with John
Orange slices

Mango pudding with John and Bing in the background
Mango pudding

4 comments:

Nuala said...

my suggestion for starbucks if you ever want a frappuccino again (i also don't like overly sweet coffee): get a medium coffee frapuccino with 2 added shots of espresso. the coffee ones don't have added syrup like the caramel or other flavoured ones do so they're already less sweet. adding the espresso increases the coffee and decreases the sweetnes even more!

Meg Bee said...

Ahhh, see that sounds more like it. It won't come with anything whipped on top of it will it?

I thought I should ask for more espresso. Next time!

Nuala said...

no, actually as far as i know, coffee frappuccinos are the only members of the frappuccino family that come without 'anything whipped'. might be worth one last try (but don't forget to ask for the 2 shots)

Meg Bee said...

I *could* always ask for it without the whipped topping, eh? But yes.

Now I want to have one today!

Someone also suggested the green tea one, but I'm afeared!