28 April 2008

27.04.08

John's mum put on an amazing going away afternoon tea party for his sister and we were there all day.

The day started off with a few bites of this 1/2 BLT until Le Trid wandered off with it.
B to the LT

The spread:
Dainties! (I myself only had one Imperial cookie)
Dainties

Chips-n-salsa
Chips-n-salsa

Cheddar and chutney sandwiches
Cheddar and chutney sandwiches

Cucumber sandwiches and plain chips
Cucumber sandwiches (and plain chips)

Veggies and dips (roasted red pepper and lemon dill hummous)
Veggies with dips

Cheese board (Wensleydale, Cheddar, Brie, Wine-marbled Cheddar and Bleu); I only indulged in the Wine-marbled Cheddar and the Wensleydale)
Cheese board

Garlic-stuffed olives (and crackers that I didn't eat)
Garlic-stuffed olives

Cheddar and pineapple spears
Cheddar and pineapple spears

Look how huge this grape is!
Look at the size of this thing!

I only had grapes and strawberries
Grapes and strawberries

There was more food, but I didn't eat it: Irish soda bread, a Victoran Sandwich cake, ham and dijon sandwiches.

This was my first plate (I had a second one with less sandwich and more veggies):
My first plate of food

Chips and salsa afters
Chips and salsa afters

Kinda not good Koreanesque food from Momo: pork thing with rice and salad.
Suspicious Korean pork dish

Trid got a "kid's combo" of sushi which came with raw fish that she didn't want. But I did!
Sushi!

3 comments:

Nuala said...

yum! cheddar & chutney sandwiches!
and for some reason i have to ask, where is john's sister going?
i'm just curious, that's all. i didn't even know john had a sister :)

Rancor's Bane said...

Hi there!
Rob here (from Luxalune/Luxsole)
Whilst googling around, seeing what people had to say about our new place, I came across your blog.

Just wanted to say that I think this whole thing is awesome and that I am amazed with your commitment (I've tried making daily photo blogs in the past, but usually run out of steam after a couple of days)

I don't think it's weird!

Rob

Meg Bee said...

Nuala!

John's sister Catherine is moving to Kingston, On to be with her Manfriend! She's a couple years younger than John so your paths may have never crossed. She did go to Holy Cross, though.

Rob- Thanks for your comment/compliment! I find that this has become a bit of a habit and/or obsession now. I don't know when I'm going to stop, but it won't be for a while I think.

Most people don't even notice when I take the photos, but sometimes I get some weird looks and headshakes.

I really like the Luxalune, a friend of mine lives in the neighbourhood and suggested we go there. The atmosphere was great and the chips were delicious! Really, really delicious!