25 March 2008

23.03.08

Easter candy
Easter candy

Chocolate egg from Egg Hunt
Chocolate egg

John's sister brought over some Pringles to the Easter/Birthday brunch on Sunday
Pringles

Easter/Birthday brunch
Easter/Birthday brunch

Birthday cake #2: white cake with chocolate icing and sprinkles
Birthday cake #2

Delicious cheese and crackers
Cheese and crackers

Smoked two-year-old cheddar and Nut Thins
Smoked 2-year-old cheddar and Nut Thins

Easter/Birthday Dinner #2 (clockwise from left: Allison's salad, rice/fig stuffing, roasted turkey, Sara's roasted veggies)
Easter/Birthday dinner #2

Birthday cake #3: Gluten-free lemon cake with chocolate/orange cream cheese icing, made by Allison
Birthday cake #3

3 comments:

Nuala said...

rice fig stuffing sounds fantastic. what goes in that?

Meg Bee said...

I also make it with quinoa but I forgot to bring my quinoa that night:D

I usually just fry up some onions and celery, then I add chopped up dried figs, poultry-type seasonings and S&P, then sauté for a bit more (with a splash of chicken stock or wine if it gets dry). Then I add the rice/quinoa and a bit more stock/wine and cook it for a few minutes to blend the flavours.

Then I stuff it into the bird with a lemon slice over the opening and voila! Delicious!

Meg Bee said...

Oh oh and sometimes I'll add nuts and/or sunflower seeds too!