23 March 2008

22.03.08

Poached eggs with ketchup
Poached eggs with ketchup

We celebrated my birthday early by having dinner at Massawa, an Eritrean restaurant. It usually takes at least an hour, so we ordered and almost polished off a litre of wine while waiting.

Samboussa- a fried lentil thing (but delicious)
Samboussa

I always get the same thing here- the vegetarian platter and the cold lentil salad. Next time I want to get a whole order of that spinach stuff on the right? Because that's my faaavourite. It's also funny how I always initially panic at how much injera we have (the bread- used to scoop up the food with your hands) but it's always just enough!
Birthday dinner

And a Baked Expectations cinnamon torte (not really that wonderful)
Cinnamon torte

2 comments:

That Mike Guy said...

I was delighted to discover recently that you can order from Pyramid Falafel via Mobile Maitre D. Ethiopian/Eritrean (I'm not sure of the difference) delivered right to your door for only $4 (plus the cost of the meal of course).

What an amazing place, our modern world...

Meg Bee said...

I didn't know that! That's really good to know actually.