15 August 2008

12.08.08

Toast with cheddar and tomato
Cheese toast with tomato

Gross orange
Orange

Hummous with rice crackers and snow peas
Hummus, etc.

Sangria @ 3pm: my friend Tasha came over to The House with a bottle of sangria and we drank it in the middle of the day! She moved to BC the next morning, so it was a nice send-off.
Sangria after work

Fruit
Fruit

Sangria and Fudge Cake (TM)
Sangria and Fudge Cake (TM)

And then there were kettle chips
Kettle chips

Then we headed out with my old point and shoot to Shanghai, home of the best greasy Chinese food in Winnipeg. The restaurant hasn't changed in all of my 29 years. Heck, the waiters haven't even changed (except our waiter didn't have a gold jacket on, he was wearing blue!). If I'm ever going to shoot a film that needs a Chinese restaurant, I'm shooting it there.
Shanghai!

Out-of-focus consommé with rice. I brought the old camera because we were heading out to Jucifer at The Albert later.
Out-of-focus!

Bar-bee-que pork!
BBQ pork!

It was John's first time there.
John!

After Jucifer, we ate shrimp on the bus home
Shrimp!

Eating on the Bus!

3 comments:

That Mike Guy said...

First time at Shanghai? Sometimes I wonder how people get through life without eating in some of this city's classic eateries. I recently took my girlfriend to Keleckis' for her first time. I've been going there since birth (almost) and I never understand when someone hasn't eaten there.

Meg Bee said...

I know! But I think their family moved in different circles than mine because I'm pretty sure that John's never been to Keleckis' either. I also went there seriously almost every week! God now I want their fries. Mmmm...

I haven't ever eaten at D'8 Schtove (is that even still around?) and I'm pretty sure John ate there all the time. Also I had never been to BDI until five or six years ago. Weird!

That Mike Guy said...

D'8 Schtove has been gone for a long time. It used to be in the spot where they built the new hotel with the Tavern United on Pembina.

I used to love that place too.

My family didn't move to the city until I was 13 so there are a lot of Winnipeg places I had to discover on my own (like Alycia's) but I'm glad that I've made the effort.