13 May 2008

11.05.08

Mother's Day Brunch @ Gill and George's place: Bacon strata, French toast, fruit salad, hashbrowns
Brunch!

This is my Plan B dessert as my Pavlova didn't work out. Sheila had given me a cake, so I pulled it out of the freezer, whipped some cream with raspberry sauce, then put meringue pieces on top with raspberry syrup on top. Yum!
Cake

Red peppers with mopassa (lentil dip)
Red peppers with lentil dip

Allison brought over some chicken cacciatore and it was goooood
Allison's Chicken Cacciatore

Ciabatta with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Ciabatta with olive oil and balsamic

When my first meringue of the day failed, I tried another one! This one was too wet so I made an Eton Mess instead:
More Meringue dessert

Nutty Club Jelly Beans
Jelly Beans

2 comments:

Nuala said...

i remember seeing jamie oliver make eton mess for a sailing trip on his show. that was a few years ago and i've wanted to try it ever since. yours looks so good-- it reminds me of why i wanted to try it in the first place!

Meg Bee said...

It was really good! I've made it before but I didn't know what it was called at the time. So good! Those blackberries were just perfect; not too sweet, not too tart. Yum!