09 July 2008

29.06.08

Saskatoon berry/oatmeal muffin from Tall Grass Prairie Bakery
Saskatoon/oatmeal muffin

Okay, here's a bit of a tangent. When I got to work on Sunday, I went to take something out of the deep freezer and noticed that what I was taking out was already thawed! It turned out that a fuse had blown and the freezer had been off for a few days. Everything was almost all thawed but still chilled, so I cooked everything in the freezer. Luckily it had not been a week where shopping had been done, so there wasn't much, but there was still a lot.
So I made:
Chicken lentil stew
Chicken lentil stew

Beef stew with beer and ginger marmalade (my first beef stew in a slow cooker!)
Beery Beef stew

And I baked this salmon...
Salmon

...to turn it into salmon patties.
Salmon patties

While all this cooking happened, I snacked on naan and baba ganouj
Naan with baba ganouj

For dinner we had salmon patties on a dill aioli and bulgar pilaf
Salmon patties on dill aioli with bulgar pilaf

I also made peanut butter banana cookies with the frozen (now thawed) bananas. Cath ran out of PB, so I used a bit of tahini. They were pretty alright!
PB tahini cookies

No comments: